Our certified social media strategists have found creative ways over the years to earn their 20 CEUs required for recertification. And while we provide a list of pre-approved CEUs offered by other organizations, we also wanted to provide our community with an opportunity to complete high-quality, low-cost continuing education through NISM.
The summer of 2019, NISM will offer 1 free webinar each week that, if participants demonstrate engagement, will count as 1 CEU.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Each live webinar is free, but unlike our previous webinars, we won’t send out the summer session recordings.
- To receive CEUs, you must actively engage throughout the webinar by participating in polls. These will be tracked by our webinar tool and will serve as proof of your participation.
- If you miss the live session but love the topic, you’ll still have the opportunity to purchase the same webinar through the NISM Continuing Education Site on Thinkific.
- Courses completed through Thinkific will be offered for $7.99 and will include the webinar recording from the live session and a short quiz to demonstrate participation.
Each week we’ll be growing the course catalog for our very own continuing education school and we look forward to serving our SMS professionals and the wider community with interesting speakers and engaging content.
We’re off to a strong start in June when we hear from presenters like Marianne Hynd, SMS, Director of Operations for the Social Media Research Association, Dr. Melissa Goodson, SMS, Assistant Professor of Business Management and Marketing at the College of St. Scholastica, and Joe Cannata, SMS, Certification Director at Kinaxis.
And just what will we talk about all summer? Our list is still growing, but here are a few topics to give you an idea:
- Social Media Surveys and Survey Data Analysis
- Working with International Marketing Teams