We know that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and ethically.
- Account means a unique account created for you to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us”, or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to The National Institute for Social Media (NISM), PO Box 431 Farmington, MN 55024.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer, mobile device, or any other device by a website, containing the details of your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cell phone, or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the Website.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service, or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to National Institute for Social Media, accessible from https://www.nismonline.org ● You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected:
Personal Data When you interact with us, we may collect Personal Data and other information from you, as further described below.
When you Visit Our Website We collect Personal Data from you when you submit web forms or interact with our websites, for example subscribing to our blog, signing up for a webinar, or requesting customer support. We may ask for your email address, first and last name, job title, and other similar business information. Please note that you are able to explore our website without providing any Personal Data.
Webinars, Online Courses, and Other Event Information When you register for a NISM webinar, course, or other similar events, we collect information such as name, address, phone number, and email address. We use this information to communicate with you and in some cases facilitate your registration. Additionally, we may use your registration data in order to provide event information and improve your experience at future events.
Account and User Information We collect Personal Data when you register for a course, online certificate program, or SMS certification, create or modify user information, set preferences, or provide any other related information to access or utilize our Services.
Testimonials and Reviews From time to time, we may use testimonials and reviews, and information on newly certified Social Media Strategists, which may contain Personal Data. We obtain each individual’s consent via email or through other agreements between the National Institute for Social Media and the individual(s) prior to posting the individual’s name and content.
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Social media handle(s)
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Information from Third-Party Social Media Services
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- General Information
- Third-Party Tracking Technologies
Use of your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including monitoring the usage of our Service.
- To manage your Account: to manage your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data you provide can give you access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to you as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance, and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items, or services you have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact you: To contact you by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide you with news, special offers, and general information about other goods, services, and events that we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage your requests: To attend and manage your requests to Us.
- For other purposes: We may use your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and evaluating and improving our Service, products, services, marketing, and your experience.
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to contact you.
- With business partners: We may share your information with Our business partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions.
- With other users: when you share personal information or otherwise interact in public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If you interact with other users or register through a Third-Party Social Media Service, your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see your name, profile, pictures, and description of your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you and view your profile.
● With your consent: We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
What Information Can I Access?
How to Access & Control Your Personal Data
- You can access your information, including your name, address, profile information, and purchase history in the “your Account” section of the website.
Reviewing, Correcting, and Removing your Personal Data
- You can request access, correction, updates, or deletion of your Personal Data. ● You can object to our processing of your Personal Data and ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Data.
- If we have collected and processed your Personal Data with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your Personal Data conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. To exercise any of these rig2hts, please contact us via email or by mail to the National Institute for Social Media, PO Box 431, Farmington, MN 55024
To Unsubscribe From Our Communications
- You may unsubscribe from our marketing communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of our emails, updating your communication preferences, or by contacting us via email or postal mail to the National Institute for Social Media.
- Customers cannot opt-out of receiving transactional emails related to their account with us or purchases made through our website.
Retention of your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information and your country requires consent from a parent, We may require your parent’s consent before We collect and use that information.
California Privacy Rights
- This section applies only to California consumers. For purposes of this section “Personal Information” has the meaning given in the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). It describes how we collect, use, and share California consumers’ Personal Information in our role as a business, and the rights applicable to such residents. The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires businesses to disclose whether they sell Personal Information. The National Institute for Social media is a business and does not sell Personal Information. We may share Personal Information with third parties if those third parties are authorized service providers or business partners who have agreed to our contractual limitations as to their retention, use, and disclosure of such Personal Information.
- Your California Rights (California residents)
- You have certain rights regarding the Personal Information we collect or maintain about you. Please note these rights are not absolute, and there may be cases when we decline your request as permitted by law.
- The right of access means that you have the right to request that we disclose what Personal Information we have collected, used and disclosed about you in the past 12 months.
- The right of deletion means that you have the right to request that we delete Personal Information collected or maintained by us, subject to certain exceptions.
- The right to non-discrimination means that you will not receive any discriminatory treatment when you exercise one of your privacy rights.
- The National Institute for Social Media does not sell Personal Information to third parties (pursuant to California Civil Code §§ 1798.100–1798.199, also known as the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018).
- How to Exercise your California Rights
- You can exercise your rights yourself or you can alternatively designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on your behalf. Please note that to protect your Personal Information, we will verify your identity by a method appropriate to the type of request you are making. We may also request that your authorized agent have written permission from you to make requests on your behalf, and we may also need to verify your authorized agent’s identity to protect your Personal Information.
- Please use the contact details below, if you would like to:
- Access this policy in an alternative format;
- Exercise your rights;
- Learn more about your rights or our privacy practices; or
- Designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf.
- We will respond to your request to change, correct, or delete your data within a reasonable timeframe and notify you of the action we have taken.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party sites or services.
- By email: [email protected]
- By visiting this page on our website: https://nismonline.org/contact-us/
- By phone number: 763-200-6476
- By mail: PO Box 431 Farmington, MN 55024