|Vacancy Open to
|Social Media Manager, Flagship Accounts
|Permanent – Full-time
|Months per Year
Variable schedule with 40 hours per week
Will include some weekends, nights, and holidays.
|Hours per week
|University Communications (Adm)
|$54,985 – $60,484
|Primary Purpose of Department
The University social media team, housed within University Communications, is responsible for translating the overall strategic mission and vision of the University into social media strategies and applications. The social team is responsible for engaging with internal and external audiences, showcasing Charlotte’s vibrant community, building pride among various constituent groups, and showcasing the top-tier academic and personal experiences available at Charlotte.
|Primary Purpose of Position
This position will be responsible for the daily management, content development, and analysis of the University’s flagship social media channels (@unccharlotte on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and other emerging platforms).
|Summary of Position Responsibilities
As a member of the University Social Media Team, the Social Media Manager (Flagship Accounts) will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Primary account manager of all UNC Charlotte flagship social media accounts
- Includes oversight of all aspects of @unccharlotte social presence, including content development, posting, copywriting, planning, asset management, and coordination
- Diligently applies institutional personality to all social media communications (i.e. brand voice, tone, and style)
- Ensures the UNC Charlotte brand is visually represented across all social media efforts
- Leads community management and institutional response across social media channels (i.e. answering questions, DMs)
- Executes real-time social media content at events or engagements when appropriate
- Supports content and campaign development efforts, developing tasks and work plans
- Responsible for surprise and delight opportunities (i.e. giveaways, candid interactions, real-time activations)
- Participate in meetings to provide social media guidance, direction, and insight to UCOMM colleagues
- Remains up to date on content trends in the social media space and recommends content solutions to boost social media engagement
- Works with the Social Media Specialist to execute quarterly reports to track performance over time
- Monitors the social media space on designated days, including some nights and weekends
Other Work Responsibilities
- Collaborates with the social media team on other social media-related duties as needed, including content tagging and classifications, maintaining on-campus partnerships, facilitation of video and photography shoots, and other social media-related duties as assigned
- Master’s degree and 1-2 years experience;
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-4 years experience, or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
|Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field.
- 2+ years experience in a professional social media and/or marketing/communication role.
- Familiarity using Adobe CC: Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign preferred
- Strong judgment and ability to use discretion when handling sensitive or confidential information
- Previous experience in working with/on a non-personal social media account (i.e. brand or organization social media experience)
- Strong understanding of how brand social media differs from personal social media in voice/tone, strategy, management, etc.
- Ability to adapt quickly to the ever-changing digital communication space and willingness to learn and adapt to meet emerging needs.
- The successful candidate will have strong organization skills, attention to detail, commitment to accuracy, and to exhibit a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
|Special Notes to Applicants
When submitting an online portfolio, a few helpful tips to consider:
- While the hiring committee would love to see content that applicants have developed, it’s also incredibly informative to show social media-specific examples (v.s. just the media that accompanied the social media approach). Screenshots of social media an applicant has executed are desired for filling this role.
- Because social media can be so collaborative, the hiring committee would love to understand what the applicant directly contributed to when reviewing the work in their portfolio (i.e. the applicant may have developed the social media approach and copy, but sourced photos elsewhere). This allows us to understand the depth of an applicant’s body of work.
|Posting Open Date
|Posting Close Date
|Open Until Filled
|Proposed Hire Date
|If time-limited please indicate appointment end date