Nationwide is looking for a talented Social Media Consultant with the perfect mix of creativity and client management to join our team and help us take our social media strategy to the next level. As a social media consultant, you will be responsible for developing and implementing social media strategies that align with our business goals. You will set the standards for social media content across channels, serve as our main point of contact between the Social Media Center of Excellence (COE) and cross-functional Marketing Management teams supporting Nationwide’s Enterprise marketing initiatives comprised of national advertising campaigns, Sports & Sponsorships, and Diversity and Inclusion. You will be responsible for facilitating content creation, publishing and reporting based on the needs of the team and business units. Reporting to the Director, Enterprise Brand Social Media, you will be responsible for driving the desired business goals in alignment with the Nationwide social media strategy. You are joining an established team of experts responsible for the social media success of a Fortune 100 company; we are looking for a team player who can hit the ground running and execute the proven strategies that deliver results, who also brings the personal, professional, analytical, and persuasive communication skills to drive strategic innovation. Strong client and agency management skills desired; some evenings and weekends may be required; some domestic travel may be required.
Specifically, the Nationwide Social Media Consultant will be expected to:
- Provide strategic thinking and innovation to the Social Media Team.
- Apply in-depth knowledge of social media best practices to set goals and objectives for social media solutions that achieve marketing and business needs.
- Develop and maintain strong client and agency relationships.
- Develop and produce high-quality, informative, innovative, and engaging social content that aligns to business goals and objectives.
- Brainstorm & collaborate for innovative ideas and strategies.
- Develop and maintain content editorial calendar.
- Present results in a compelling way to senior leadership within Marketing and Digital.
- Bring knowledge of Social Media management platforms (Sprinklr, Hootsuite, etc.).
- Set up, maintain, and operate social media channels (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
- Offer advice, education, and consultation to internal and external stakeholders on how to use social media to achieve objectives.
- Evaluate new platforms and features. Provide POV to social team and stakeholders.
- Basic creative skills photo and video editing (Canva, etc.).
- Be active on social platforms, advising on trends, accounts, influencers.
- Provide on-site support at events.
- Provide strategic and creative input and feedback to in house creative team and external agencies.
- Candidate is required to have or obtain Series 6 and Series 26 license within 120 days of hire.
Other: Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Education & Experience: bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, advertising, communications or business administration and 5+ years of experience in social media, digital, marketing, public relations, advertising, or a related field. A solid understanding of social media platforms and experience creating social media content on behalf of a company or client is mandatory. Client and/or project management, specifically for creative design projects and video production a plus. Must be able to manage multiple projects and deadlines at once. Travel may be required, as well as evening and weekend availability.
Reporting Relationships: Reports to Director, Enterprise Brand Social Media
Job Description Summary
With the customer always top of mind, our Digital Marketing professionals work in culture that fosters new ideas, champions career advancement, amplifies leadership opportunities and values learning. If you are always ready to innovate, drive improvement and can thrive in a constantly evolving environment, we want to know more about you!
As a Consultant, you’ll develop and implement multiple complex digital marketing strategies, campaigns and initiatives – web, internet, email, social media, mobile – and creative. You’ll lead large budgets and creative resources to develop and deliver integrated marketing communications plans on time and on budget, integrating marketing initiatives across businesses to drive efficiency and effectiveness of the brand.
- Partners with Marketing associates to ensure alignment of marketing campaign initiatives with business goals. Develops and runs campaigns including marketing communication plans, e.g., advertising, promotions, media, sponsorship, online display, search, email, mobile, social etc. and creative.
- Partners to define, track, measure and optimize campaign results. Leads internal and external creative resources, agency relationships and tactical professionals in the timely development, execution and integration of campaigns.
- Manages campaign budgets, delivery timeliness, efficiency and brand effectiveness.
- Establishes a digital culture where an open exchange of ideas is valued. Provides internal consulting services to business unit leadership and to external partners and vendors.
- Conducts analysis on digital trends, reviews competitive insights and develops digital marketing recommendations.
May perform other responsibilities as assigned.
Reporting Relationships: Report to Director/Associate Vice President level or higher; may have matrix reporting relationships and lead virtual teams.
Typical Skills and Experiences:
Education: Undergraduate degree in marketing, communication, advertising or related field preferred. Master’s degree is a plus.
Experience: Typically, eight or more years of related experience in marketing, email, web development and strategy, advertising, media or brand management.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills: Advanced experience in marketing, campaign advertising, brand management concepts and practices. Ability to think both creatively and strategically. Ability to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously, perform under pressure and pay close attention to detail while staying focused on the big picture. Excellent organizational and written/verbal communication skills. Ability to see a project through completion and cross-functional management. Insurance and/or financial services product knowledge a plus.
Other criteria, including leadership skills, competencies and experiences may take precedence.
Staffing exceptions to the above must be approved by the hiring manager’s leader and HR Business Partner.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates Nationwide Values.
Overtime Eligibility: Not Eligible (Exempt)
Working Conditions: Normal office environment. Limited travel. Extended/non-standard hours may be required.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
To apply for this job please visit nationwide.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.