Patreon is the best place for creators to build exclusive content and community for their fans. We enable creators (podcasters, writers, musicians, illustrators, etc) to connect with their fans directly and make money from their creative work. Creators can sell one-off items from their own shops or offer recurring monthly memberships with exclusive access to their work.
There are over 250,000 active creators earning on Patreon and over 10 million members. Our goal has always been to help creators achieve financial freedom doing what they love – and we’re leaders in the space, with over $3.5 billion earned by creators on our platform. We’re continuing to invest heavily in building the most talented team in the Creator Economy and are looking for a Senior Manager, Social Media to support our mission.
This role is based in San Francisco, New York or Los Angeles.
About the Role
We’re looking for a social leader to help us reflect the creativity and passion of creators across our social channels.
Reporting to the VP of Comms & Creator Advocacy, you will be responsible for rethinking our social approach. You’ll lead the development and execution of a comprehensive social strategy that establishes our position as creators ourselves. You’ll work with internal and external teams to create content that tells impactful and inspiring stories, and develop a voice & style to help us show up consistently. You’ll work closely with teams across the company including editorial, product & creator marketing, and creative to build a robust social presence that brings our brand and creators to life.
Success in this role requires out of the box thinking, team building, intentionally-designed creative processes, collaborative problem solving, curiosity, persistence, bending the rules, and rapid experimentation. This is a unique opportunity to completely refresh a social strategy and bring it to life, from inception to execution.
- Develop and execute comprehensive social media strategy that establishes our position as creators
- Audit our current social presence and identify opportunities and gaps
- Identify noteworthy social conversations and relevant trends early and find opportunities for Patreon to play a role
- Maintain a constant and detailed understanding of social platforms and nuances to inform strategies
- Maintain a presence in and understanding of the creator space
- Work cross-functionally to develop plans that help meet team goals
- A passion for the creator economy, internet culture, and trends (creator background is a big plus!)
- Deep expertise in developing and executing creative and innovative social strategies across multiple platforms
- Experience working and partnering with digital content creators
- Attention to detail
- Experience working with and managing multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work independently
- Flexibility and ability to quickly adapt and react to internet culture & trends
Patreon powers creators to do what they love and get paid by the people who love what they do. Our team is passionate about making this mission and our core values come to life every day in our work. Through this work, our Patronauts:
- Put Creators First | They’re the reason we’re here. When creators win, we win.
- Build with Craft | We sign our name to every deliverable, just like the creators we serve.
- Make it Happen | We don’t quit. We learn and deliver.
- Win Together | We grow as individuals. We win as a team.
We hire talented and passionate people from different backgrounds across the organization. If you’re excited about a role but your past experience doesn’t match with every bullet point outlined above, we strongly encourage you to apply anyway. If you’re a creator at heart, are energized by our mission, and share our company values, we’d love to hear from you.
Patreon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected class.
Patreon offers a competitive benefits package including and not limited to salary, equity plans, healthcare, unlimited paid time off, company holidays and recharge days, commuter benefits, lifestyle stipends, learning and development stipends, patronage, parental leave, and 401k plan with matching.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ashbyhq.com.