Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Creating a life you love also means finding a career that celebrates the unique perspectives and experiences that you bring. As you read through the expectations of the position, consider how your skills and experiences may complement the responsibilities of the role. We encourage you to think through your relevant and transferable skills from prior experiences.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
We are looking for a Director of Content Insights, reporting to the Global Head of Growth & Content Insights at Pinterest. As the Director of Content Insights, you will be responsible for leading a team that understands the role of content suppliers and how to address Pinterest’s content supplier ecosystem needs; as well as evaluating engagement, trends and case studies on the platform and converting them into transferable best practices for creators, publishers, merchants and agencies to ensure their success.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and lead coordinated strategy to grow, evolve and amplify audience specific narrative and guided navigation tools and resources, to enable content suppliers (creators, merchants, publishers, agencies, platforms and curators) across their lifecycle.
- Collaborate on data-driven approaches to expand our educational offering while driving business outcomes through considered prioritization and sound performance measurement.
- Work across Pinterest’s cross-functional partners including Product Marketing, Product teams, Comms to ensure alignment and develop and evolve measurement plans to prioritize work and evaluate success.
- Act as the Content Insights SME to evangelize the mission and impact across the organization, and drive excellence in the space.
What we’re looking for:
- This role requires a customer-focused, data-driven, independent (yet collaborative), digital-passionate innovative leader who is excited about being a part of the growing and evolving a healthy content ecosystem on Pinterest.
- Combined analytical and leadership skills, with a global mindset.
- 10+ years relevant experience with a focus on content, creator and marketplace dynamics that interplay to drive content results and 5+ years team management experience.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing and scaling learnings to an ecosystem of partners across one or a variety of platforms.
- Proven track record in connecting strategy to an actionable and measurable roadmap to achieve desired business goals.
- Strong analytical skills to mentor a team and collaborate with diverse analytics partners.
- Exceptional leadership, relationship-building, influencing skills and experience working with cross-functional partners in a highly matrixed environment.
- Team management experience is required for this role, and the right candidate will have led teams and been responsible for their performance, career development, and hiring.
- Outstanding verbal and written communicator; proven ability to develop strong presentations and communicate effectively with diverse audiences.
- Deep understanding of the online content supplier &/or merchant landscape, technology and/or experience as a content creator.
This position is not eligible for relocation assistance. Visit our PinFlex page to learn more about our working model.
At Pinterest we believe the workplace should be equitable, inclusive, and inspiring for every employee. In an effort to provide greater transparency, we are sharing the base salary range for this position. The position is also eligible for equity. Final salary is based on a number of factors including location, travel, relevant prior experience, or particular skills and expertise.
Information regarding the culture at Pinterest and benefits available for this position can be found here.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
Pinterest is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best qualified people in every job. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic under federal, state, or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require an accommodation during the job application process, please notify [email protected] for support.
To apply for this job please visit www.pinterestcareers.com.