Website Morning Brew
Morning Brew is a media company that covers the business news and narratives shaping our world. The companies, the people, the workplace, the economy — we nerd out on this stuff, and we’re dedicated to helping our audience navigate it all in a way that informs and entertains.
The Morning Brew team is clever, creative, and growing fast. Want in? Read on.
Do you love social media? Are you creative? Do you like business news? Then you are exactly the type of person Morning Brew Daily needs to join our team.
Morning Brew Daily is looking for an associate producer to take charge of our social channels and take our content to the next level. We are one of the top business podcasts in the country and are looking for someone to help us grow our social media presence and assist in our everyday show production.
The ideal candidate has a great sense of humor and creative ideas that will help us build the same audience online that our podcast has grown. You will primarily be responsible for running Morning Brew Daily’s social media accounts while still pitching stories and being involved in the daily production of the actual Morning Brew Daily show. (running control room graphics to capturing pre and post show content for Instagram and TikTok.)
You have to be a morning person! But don’t worry the Morning Brew office has every type of coffee you could imagine. With that said, the position is based in our New York City HQ and will require you to be here with the team working five days a week.
Great candidates are comfortable working on deadlines in a fast-paced environment and it’s perfect for an enthusiastic early career producer with lots of hustle and excellent attention to detail.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL BE WORKING ON
– Writing research and prep docs for 5 tapings each week
– A strong sense of viral trends the show would be able to recreate through the Morning Brew Daily lens
– Highlighting and editing social clips from each episode
– Being part of the creative and development process; pitching episodes/guests during editorial meetings
– Creating and running graphics for live in-studio tapings
– Enthusiasm for and strong knowledge of current business and financial news
– Strong research and writing ability
– Experience with Adobe Premiere and Photoshop, experience with after effects a plus
– Understanding of social video platforms (YouTube, TikTok, Instagram, Twitter)
– Outstanding communication, collaboration and organizational skills
– The ability to work on a deadline
– Minimum 2-3 years experience in media and podcast production
COMPENSATION 65,000 – 70,000 *Final offers for this job will be made within the parameters of the salary range provided, commensurate with experience. Total offer package to include benefits highlighted under our perks section below.
WHAT ELSE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Character and integrity rank pretty high on the list. Our team is guided by our core values:
HOW WE TREAT EACH OTHER
• Respectful Candor: We believe that engaging in timely, constructive, and open discourse is an act of respect that makes for a more transparent and productive work environment.
• Empathy: We establish a strong partnership of trust with our co-workers and partners. We build human connections in order to understand each other.
• Inclusivity: We strive to celebrate and welcome people of diverse backgrounds and cultures. Differing perspectives help us make better decisions and have more fulfilling experiences.
HOW WE TREAT OUR WORK
• Curiosity: We learn every day through deliberate inquiry and exploration. We re-examine assumptions to be a better company, offer better products, and become better colleagues.
• Accountability: We celebrate our successes and own our failures. Taking responsibility for our actions allows us to learn from our experiences.
• Bias Toward Action: We know speed matters in business so we embrace quick and calculated risk-taking. We understand that many actions are reversible and therefore we are solutions-oriented, even when facing obstacles and challenges.
• Challenger Mentality: We don’t allow ourselves to be comfortable with our success. We are hungry to become the best and create more value for our audience.
• Clarity of Purpose: We understand the “why” in our work, which helps us to operate at our highest level of performance and efficiency.
While being surrounded by a bunch of cool people who look great in crewnecks is its own reward, we have plenty more to offer:
Unlimited PTO: And by “unlimited,” we mean absolutely unlimited.
Brew’s Brand-New HQ: Pick an adjustable standing desk or cozy corner and load up on free coffee (duh) and snacks at our new two-story office space in NYC’s Flatiron District.
401(k) employer match: We want to help you prepare for the future, now.
⚕️ Premium health, vision, and dental plans: Your health matters!
Mental health benefits: Personalized plans and programs to promote your mental well-being.
Extra help when you need it: Including a care concierge, plus free access to One Medical and the Calm app.
Family planning: Want to join #brewparents? Generous paid parental leave and fertility coverage for eligible employees.
☕️ Employee Resource Groups: Black Coffee, LGBTQ Brew, AAPI Brew, Cafe Con Leche, and Grounded
️ Gym and workout class reimbursements: It pays to be healthy.
Annual learning credit: Want to learn something new? We’ll reimburse you.
Morning Brew is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment, and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQIA+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences, and so, we are committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.