The National Institute for Social Media (NISM) Certified Instructor Training is available for any SMS certified professional interested in teaching their own NISM course or a course offered through the National Institute for Social Media. This course does not cover the SMS exam materials – as a certified SMS, we know you understand each of the six content domains. It does provide an in-depth exploration of what you can do to best support your students preparing to take the SMS exam.
The course covers:
- Training in the NISM Real Time Experiential Education approach to teaching social media content in a meaningful and memorable way.
- Access to and review of multiple Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) training exercises that allow students to explore concepts with guidance (ensuring objectives are met) but at their own pace (allowing for multiple learning styles to be met within each lesson).
- An overview of common blocks students experience when preparing to sit for a certification exam – and what you can do as their instructor and mentor to them overcome those challenges.
- An overview of Prezi, the cutting-edge presentation software used to deliver the NISM course training, and discussion surrounding the use of big-picture images to help students retain the information needed for the exam – and their work as a social media strategist.
- Introduction to Pathwright, the SMS training delivery system.
- Review of adult learning principles as well as techniques that increase engagement in the online classroom.
- Discussion of class options available to you as a certified instructor, with varying payment options.
The above learning objectives are accomplished by reviewing the SMS exam prep materials and exercises, so in addition to learning these valuable educational techniques, participants will simultaneously receive an in-depth review of the classroom materials. Participants will complete the course prepared to teach their first class.
NISM Certified Educators receive:
- Access to NISM course materials, including full presentations, exercises, and instructor guide.
- Access to a live SMS course (for observation purposes).
- 50 sales calls made by the NISM sales team in your market to help you get your initial classes scheduled. (Completed upon completion of training or at a later date if there is a legitimate business reason to delay.)
- Compensation by course (increased with experience and positive student ratings).
- The opportunity to retake the NISM Certified Instructor Training in the future at no cost.
This is a 4-week, 100% online course, that will be completed in the NISM e-learning platform. In addition, each week there will be live conference call sessions to cover classroom examples, answer questions and ensure trainers are on track to successfully complete this program. Additional login and scheduling details will be sent upon registration.
In addition to requiring instructors to possess an NISM certification, we are seeking thought leaders in the social media industry, who also have experience in training environments. Ideal candidates will have earned a bachelors degree, and/or have at least five years of demonstrated work experience in the social media industry.
*Participants must earn a NISM certification before teaching their first class.