Prepare to complete your certification and teach social media strategy for NISM in one program!
Are you interested in helping business and marketing professionals become certified Social Media Strategists through the National Institute for Social Media? If you’re an education professional, trainer, or consultant interested in teaching SMS classes but haven’t completed your certification yet, you have a unique opportunity prepare to pass the certification and become a certified NISM instructor in one course.
Here’s How it Works:
Future NISM instructors complete the same certification prep course they’ll be teaching once they complete the instructor program!
- Participants are able to experience the course as a student, providing them the opportunity to be an even better instructor, as they prepare to sit for the exam.
- After the successfully completing the SMS Certification Prep course, participants will schedule their exam. We strongly recommend completing your exam within a week of finishing the course.
- Immediately after completing the prep course (even if you have not yet passed the exam), those registered for the instructor path will continue their training by completing four weeks of teacher training. We will use SMS prep materials in our examples, but this course is not about passing the exam! It’s about techniques used to teach social media strategy and exam preparation – a great addition to any educator’s skill set!
What’s in the SMS Prep Course?
In this course, you will plan, implement, manage, and report all aspects of an organization’s social media strategy, and prepare for the NISM Social Media Strategist certification exam.
- Describe the value of social media in business.
- Manage culture to facilitate social media adoption.
- Analyze organizations, markets, and competitors.
- Audit social media.
- Select and validate social media goals.
- Select social media platforms.
- Address legal, licensing, privacy, and defamation risk.
- Create social media policy.
- Develop a social media marketing plan.
- Develop social media content.
- Market on major social media platforms.
- Utilize social media advertising and contests.
- Plan social media campaigns.
- Conduct yourself as a social media strategist.
- Manage the social media community.
- Manage real-time, online communications.
- Measure the impact of social media activity.
- Determine value and report social media activities.
As with many other professions, a credential such as the NISM Social Media Strategist certification will help set you apart from your competition, whether you are seeking employment at an organization or looking for clients as a consultant. This manual is designed to provide best practices, knowledge, information, and skills to be successful in planning, implementing, managing, and reporting in social media. It will also help prepare you for the NISM Social Media Strategist certification exam.
Target Student for SMS Certification:
Marketing professionals; individuals completing academic work in marketing or a related area; or general marketing practitioners new to social media marketing who are seeking to add a professional certification in the area of social media marketing.
What’s in the Instructor Course?
Learn how to teach the SMS prep course now that you’ve experienced it!
This course does not cover the SMS exam materials – it provides an in-depth exploration of what you can do to best support your students preparing to take the SMS exam.
The course covers:
- Training in the NISM Real Time Experiential Education approach to teaching social media content in a meaningful and memorable way.
- Access to and review of multiple Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) training exercises that allow students to explore concepts with guidance (ensuring objectives are met) but at their own pace (allowing for multiple learning styles to be met within each lesson).
- An overview of common blocks students experience when preparing to sit for a certification exam – and what you can do as their instructor and mentor to them overcome those challenges.
- An overview of Prezi, the cutting-edge presentation software used to deliver the NISM course training, and discussion surrounding the use of big-picture images to help students retain information needed for the exam – and their work as a social media strategist.
- Introduction to Pathwright, the SMS training delivery system.
- Review of adult learning principles as well as techniques that increase engagement in the online classroom.
- Discussion of class options available to you as a certified instructor, with varying payment options.
- The above learning objectives are accomplished by reviewing the SMS exam prep materials and exercises, so in addition to learning these valuable educational techniques, participants will simultaneously receive an in-depth review of the classroom materials. Participants will complete the course prepared to teach their first class.
NISM Certified Instructors receive:
- Access to NISM course materials, including full presentations, exercises, and instructor guide.
- Access to a live SMS course (for observation purposes).
- 50 sales calls made by the NISM sales team in your market to help you get your initial classes scheduled. (Completed upon completion of training or at a later date if there is a legitimate business reason to delay.)
- Compensation by course (increased with experience and positive student ratings).
- The opportunity to retake the NISM Certified Instructor Training in the future at no cost.